Monday, April 19

7 Months Old

A year ago, almost to the day, I found out I was going to have a daughter. I was convinced you were a boy from day one; then the sonogram lady popped up the picture on the screen and said, "So do you know what that is?" Questioning me if I could tell what you were (I had studied gender revealing sonograms on the internet for weeks so I would be able to tell instantly)...so I quickly said, "It's a girl, isn't it!" With a quick yes, I laughed loudly, said well there is our little Charlotte, and looked at your daddy as he peered helplessly wondering how he would ever be able to handle the protective love a daddy has for his little girl.

You have no idea how many thoughts ran miles in my brain. I thought of everything from tutus to tomboy stage; smock dresses to girl drama; pigtails to yucky boyfriends; beautiful wedding to eesh big beautiful wedding...

Now you are seven months old. And we live for your giggles, your babbling rants. We live to see you crawl, walk, figure out how to tilt your bottle and feed yourself. Being a parent is so much work, so many endless nights, and so much sweetness. You have ripened our life.

Your week has been full of alligator tears as 4 teeth shove their way into your poor little mouth. That will make 6 teeth total. I have been trying to keep you busy, but their have been moments (more like hours) that you just want to cry, and that is just fine. With Tylenol, teething tablets, ice cubes, and snuggle we will get through this and when we do you may have 4 more moving in. Here are some pictures of you at 7 months old.


Trying to get into crawling position.

Covered in paint.

7 months old with tears on your cheeks.


Practicing with your sippy cup.

Pouty face but cute face.

I tried to get a few smiles, but they mostly ended in this which is pitifully cute.

Getting ready for bed watching Olivia on Nick Jr.

Nite nite. Take a look at those thighs!