Sunday, May 9

So Grateful

My momma (your grandmommy) always told me, "When you hurt, I hurt twice as bad." and "I love you more than you could ever understand." She called me out when I was wrong, but was my greatest defender. She has held my hand through hard times, pushed me through fearful times, and caught me with ease when I fell.  And boy, have I fallen hard.  The funny thing is, is I never understood just how much she cares and loves me until I had this sweet little being in my belly.

Becoming a mother is a gift. It is a miracle. It is God's work. And all I can say is that I love you more than you will ever be able to comprehend. When you cry, I sob. Your laughter, your happiness sparks a fire deep in my soul. I am sure you will fall, I am sure you will fear, I am sure you will be wrong. And I will be your ole momma, ready to catch you and push you and correct you. Most importantly, I will always be by your side.

So on my very first Mother's Day, we spent the entire day together with the women in our lives. They wrapped their arms around you; sat in the sun and listened to your little voice explain the world.